Version 1.0 of NGEDIT will be a state-of-the-art text editor including, among others, the following features:
- A line-up of usability-oriented features to make editing the most comfortable experience.
Maximize your available screen space and minimize your keystrokes.
- Support for all common text file formats: all Windows code pages, DBCS,
and all common Unicode encodings (UTF-8, UCS-2 BE & LE)
- Native in-memory editing of all supported formats: no conversion on load and save, and minimum memory usage
- Optimized large file editing, no more dragging along when working with large files
- Powerful scripting: object oriented dynamically typed language, compiled to bytecodes for fast execution
- vi/vim emulation
- Microsoft Visual Studio integration
Plus all the features you expect from a modern text editor:
- Multi-file, multi-window editing with a loaded files tab display
- Single- and multi-file search and replace
- Regular expression support
- Syntax highlighting
- Customizable user interface and editing window colors
- Full application and per-filetype configuration
- ...and many more!
There are many other features in the roster even for after 1.0.